Sunday, January 28, 2007

Da Do Do Do De Da Da Da (The Police to Reunite?)


That is, in my opinion, one of the best song titles ever. Anyway, I just read some potentially exciting news. From The Province newspaper in Vancouver:

Yesterday morning, Rock 101 FM's Bro' Jake Show reported that the '80s rockers were rehearsing in town at North Vancouver's Lions Gate Studios, preparing for a highly-anticipated 30-year reunion tour.

Oh Yeah! The Police were (and still are) one of my favorite bands. However, I was too young to see them in concert on their last tour way back in '83. Sting is a songwriting genius (however, his output of the last few years haven't been up to par), Stewart Copeland is one of the best drummers (just listen to his intricate rhythmic work on Regatta de Blanc or Message in a Bottle), and Andy Summers could do a lot with a guitar to create wonderful sonic landscapes (a precursor to U2's The Edge). I would love to finally see them live and take the Mrs. We have been to a number of Sting concerts and have enjoyed them all. As much as I love Sting, the last time I saw him he was drifting into the adult contemporary blandness that tends to happen to some older artists. I'd love to see Sting back in form and rocking out with his former mates. I just hope I can get tickets and that they don't bypass the Twin Cities.

1 comment:

James said...

Stop press! Two posts in one day from Tony!

What have they put in the water up there, Tony? ;o)