Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Final Score: Prince 7 Haters 0


First off, congrats to the Colts. I was hoping you would win. Second, did you stick around for the half-time show? I did. In fact, it was one of the main reasons I watched the game this year. I wanted to see how Prince was going to pull it off.....was he going to rock the house or was he going to do something strange and blow it?

I have been a Prince fan for a long time. The first concert I went to was Prince and the Revolution during their Purple Rain tour. Yeah, I know he can be weird and he dresses strange sometimes. But the simple FACT is that he is a musical genius.

I'm glad (and relieved) that he chose this opportunity to show the world (again) how he can blow the roof off the house. I think that it was the best Super Bowl half-time show next to U2's post-9/11 show at the 2002 Super Bowl. One thing I have tried to tell the naysayers is what a great guitarist Prince is. In fact, I think he is one of the greatest rock guitarists EVER. The dude can play and he showed it.

No comments: